- Respect for diversity
and human differences
- Best practices
- Continuous improvement
- Open and honest communication
Consultation and Evaluation Services
ACCEPT offers a variety of consultation and evaluation services to help schools build their capacity to serve students with autism spectrum disorders, behavioral disorders, intellectual impairments and developmental disabilities.
Highly qualified and experienced staff are available to work with schools on a short- or long-term basis. Consultation may include strategies to promote generalization of skills, classroom accommodations, assessment methods, integrating specialized curricula and development of behavioral supports. The individual needs of students and their classrooms determine the focus of these services.
Comprehensive educational and behavioral evaluation services are provided by ACCEPT’s multi-disciplinary team of experts, including certified school psychologists, behavior analysts, speech-language pathologists, vocational-rehabilitation counselors and special education teachers. A wide range of evaluations are offered, including:
- District Program Evaluations (e.g. autism; transition)
- Functional Behavior Assessments (FBA)
- Transition and Vocational Assessments
- Psychological Assessments
- Speech / Language Assessments
- Social Skills Assessments
- Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy Assessments
Professional Development Workshops
ACCEPT offers customized workshops for teachers, specialists, paraprofessionals and administrators on a variety of trending topics related to special education. Multiple formats for workshop delivery are offered, including face-to-face meetings, online learning platforms, webinars and hybrid models to support our districts’ initiatives to provide professional development opportunities to all staff. Ongoing support through school consultation helps to maximize the effectiveness of ACCEPT’s workshops by assisting teachers in implementation.
Sample On-site Workshops Include:
- Functional Behavior Assessment (FBA): From Conceptualization to Practice in Public Schools
- Behavior Technician Training Program: A program leading towards certification as a Registered Behavior Technician™
- Foundations of DESE’s Leading Educational Access Project (LEAP)
- Fundamentals of DESE’s Inclusive Practice for All Educators
Graduate Course Options
ACCEPT also offers a variety of graduate courses through our partnerships with local universities. Courses are run on a rotating basis throughout the school year and are presented in a hybrid web-based format to accommodate participants who work full time.
For more information contact:
School and Consultation Coordinator
(508) 653-6776 x112
Meet Our School Consultants